Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

domingo, 12 de noviembre de 2017

Echar un cable = To throw a cable*

Give a (helping) hand to somebody.

"Los ví tan apurados que les eché un cable."
"Podrías echarme un cable, ¿no?"
"La gente te ve con el agua al cuello y ni se digna a echar un cable."
Other alternative expressions to "echar un cable", are "echar una mano" and "arrimar el hombro", both are very much used too and with the same meaning.

Este blog espera y desea echar un cable con vuestras expresiones en inglés y en español ;)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario